#109 PINK PALACE PRINT BY DAVID LYNCH
172316 PINK PALACE MUSEUM
In 1922 grocery store magnate, Clarence Saunders , founder of the Piggly Wiggly grocery chain, announced to the press with his typical flair and fanfare that he would build a palariaal estate on the eastern fringe of Mwmpis Tennessee. Saunders named his 36,500 wq ft house, faced with pink Georgia marble, "Cla-de-Clare" after his 3 children, but Memphians nicknamed it the Pink Palace. Saunders lost his fortune before the building was complete, and the Mansion opened as the Memphis Musuem of Natural Historry and Industrial Arts in 1930.
David Lynch is a celebrated Memphis based artist who feels the Heart and Soul of this great city in every brushstroke of paint applied.